Things You Need to Know Before You Buy a CCTV System for Your Business
Are you considering getting a CCTV system for your business? If you are, there are certain things you need to consider to make sure that you buy the right commercial CCTV system to maximize security in the premises of your business. A lot of business owners are opting for CCTV systems as they offer a wider range of advantages compared to other surveillance and security systems.
Before you choose a CCTV system to install in your business, consider these important factors to make sure that you pick the right one:
- Why you need a CCTV system: When buying a CCTV system, you need to think about your needs and purpose of the system in the first place. Once you discover why you need surveillance and evaluate the different benefits you will be gaining from it; you can then have a better idea of what type of CCTV system would be best to give you effective surveillance for your business. A reputed commercial alarm company will offer a variety of security systems to suit your specific needs.
- Whether you want discreet or open cameras: This is a very important factor to consider. Some business owners prefer open cameras as it directly sends potential intruders a message that the area is monitored, discouraging them from committing whatever crime they are planning to. If you prefer discreet cameras, there are a number of models to choose from. These are compact and do not take up much space, and many of them are designed to monitor expansive areas.
- The lens: The lens in your CCTV system is another important factor to keep in mind. There are a number of different types that you can choose from, depending on your budget. The distance you want to cover will help you determine which type of lens would be best. If you are going to invest in a CCTV system for your business, you should opt for a camera with superior lens to capture clear images even from a distance, guaranteeing effective facial recognition that you will need in case your business has been robbed, etc.
- Lighting levels: Making sure that the CCTV system you choose has the right lighting level is important as it ensures that your cameras capture clear footages even in low light. This is critical whether you need to install cameras inside or outside your business premises. You can request the commercial alarm company to test different models so that you can find the one that suits the lighting conditions inside and outside your property.
- IP or Analog: There are quite a few differences between IP and Analog CCTV systems – the most important difference is how they connect physically to video recorders and power. With an IP system, you get a camera that has its own Internet Protocol (IP) that you can connect to your private network. All you have to do is plug it into an Ethernet socket, and the digital camera gets power, allowing it to send data to the video recorder. On the other hand, an Analog digital camera obtains energy and transmits data separately. You will find a single cable that splits into a 12v DC (electricity, cable) and an RJ59 (video cable). One connects to the power supply and the other to the video recorder.
Buying a CCTV system from a reputed commercial alarm company can benefit your business as it provides protection from potential criminal activities. It allows you to ensure your safety as well as that of your customers. Keep the points mentioned above in mind to make sure that you buy the right CCTV system for your business. Call Smart4U Security today for smart commercial security solutions for your business